Monday, September 22, 2014

Marathon Monday: Ohio State 4 Miler


This weekend was the Ohio State 4 Miler.  It is only the second year for the event, which raises money for the Ohio State cancer hospital.  Last year there were 10,000 participants and this year it sold out with 12,000 runners/walkers.

My son, Preston, and I had a rematch of our 4th of July race.  Fortunately, this time I came out ahead.
I finished the 4 miles in 34:53 with an average pace of 8:44 min/mile.  I was 77th out of 1057 finishers in my age group (35-39) and 387th out of 6762 females that finished.

Preston finished in 36:57 with an average pace of 9:15 min/mile.
He was 131st out of 456 in his age group and 1,233rd out of the 4,133 male finishers

Preston's place finishes aren't exactly fair since his age group was 3-19 and he is only 9.  I can't believe they didn't have a 10 and under category.  I don't know how they expect an elementary school kid to compete with a high school kid. At least he had fun!!

Here is a picture before the start inside the stadium.  You can see the finish line behind us on the 50 yard line.


Here area couple of pictures at the start of the race.



Here we are with our medals.  This is the first race Preston has run in that gave medals to all of the finishers.  He was REALLY excited.







1 comment:

  1. What an awesome job! I could only dream of being able to run at 8:44 - great work!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete