Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review: Divergent Movie by Veronica Roth




I didn't get a chance to see Divergent in the theater, but I LOVED the book.  I gave it 5 stars and couldn't wait to get my hands on the DVD.  I watched it last Friday and thought it was equally as good as the book, which rarely happens.

The casting was perfect!!  Here is a picture of Tris and Four!!


It has been a couple of years since I read the book, but it followed the story line very closely.  All of the Dauntless stunts such as jumping on and off the train, the zip line, etc. were very well done.  The fear landscape scenes were really cool to see as well.  There was a lot of action, which even held my husband's attention.  He isn't a fiction reader, so I never would have been able to talk him into reading the book.  As soon as the movie was over he asked if we could get the next movie in the series.  I guess I will not have any trouble talking him into going to the theater to see Insurgent :)

Here is a picture of the Abnegation costumes. AKA...the stiffs.


A training scene: 


And we can't forget the ferris wheel:


I am so happy that this movie did the book justice.  In fact, it has inspired me to finally read Allegiant.  I read the first two books as soon as they were released and I even pre-ordered Allegiant.  I was behind on some reading and by the time I was going to start Allegiant I heard some mixed reviews.  People either loved or hated it and I was afraid to find out which category I would fall into.  I've managed to avoid any spoilers, but I truly hope the series ends as well as it began.

No comments:

Post a Comment