Monday, August 4, 2014

Marathon Monday: Dublin Irish Festival 5K


The kick off for the Dublin Irish Festival every year is a 5K through historic Dublin, OH.  In the past, my goal was to finish in under 30 minutes.  Sine I have been training for the half marathon I have picked up speed, so I was shooting for under 28 minutes this year.  My 5K PR prior to this race was 28:46.

I started out the race with the pacer running 8.5 minute miles.  I thought that would be a stretch, but I would try to stay with her for as long as I could.  She pulled away slightly the last half mile, but she was still within sight at the finish line.

I had a finish time of 25:24.9, but my watch said the course was only 2.96.  If I adjust this time by an additional 30 or 40 seconds for the extra 10th of a mile, I was still two and a half minutes under my previous 5K PR time.  I was in the top 10 for my age group, which is a very impressive finish for me.  My husband was second in his age group and 20th overall with a time of 17:18.4.

Here are a few pictures from the event:
The post race celebration.
Stinger, The Columbus Blue Jacket's Mascot, at the starting line


Jay out on the Course
A couple of festive runners I saw along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment