Monday, June 23, 2014

Marathon Monday: The Glo Run


Last Friday was my first race of the season.  I ran in the Columbus, OH Glo Run.  If you haven't seen one of these events, the race starts dark.  There are several tunnels that you run through that are all lit up and most of the runners wear glow necklaces and anything else that glows.  Here is a short video that my husband took from inside one of the tunnels.  Preston and two of his friends are cheering on the right hand side.



Here is a picture of my son and I before the race.  He thought he was super cool with his glow glasses.


Here is our team: The Dublin Sole Sisters


I had a PR (personal record) for my 5K.  I finished in 28:58.5 with a 9:34 pace.  The distance on  my watch was only 3.03 miles instead of 3.1, but I still would have been under my personal best of 29:40 even if I ran a full 3.1 miles.

My next race will be on the Fourth of July in Vermont.  After that race I transition from my 5K training program to my official 1/2 marathon training schedule.




No comments:

Post a Comment