Monday, June 2, 2014

Keeping Her by Cora Carmack

Keeping Her (Losing It, #1.5)

Keeping Her is a short story that takes place after Losing It. Novellas have a tendency to be okay, but not great.  This is not one of them.  I gave Keeping Her 5 stars and enjoyed it equally as much as Losing It and Faking It. 

The story details Garrick and Bliss's trip to London to visit his family and to celebrate their engagement. This is the first time he has returned to England since he left for college six years earlier.  We get a taste of what life was like for him growing up and Bliss has the opportunity to meet some of his high school friends.  She is very insecure about meeting his Mother and a surprise party throws both of them even further off their game.  Fortunately they are both actors and are willing to play the part to put on a show for his parents and their friends.  

I've had Cora's books on my to-be-read list since October 2013.  Since reading Losing It at the beginning of May I haven't been able to get enough.  I read Faking It and Keeping Her and purchased All Lined Up.  

I was lucky enough to meet Cora at BEA last weekend and picked up a signed copy of Finding It.  She was super sweet and even informed me there is an additional Garrick and Bliss short story on her website that I wasn't aware of. (This is in addition to the one she released as part of the All Lined Up pre-order promotion).  Here is the link to her blog in case you are interested in reading them as well.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment