Friday, March 29, 2013

I'd Tell You I Love you, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter


I read the first two books in the Heist Society series by Ally Carter and really enjoyed them.  When I discovered she had another series about an all girls school, I knew I had to read it.  I couldn't resist the cute uniforms on the cover AND... I attended an all girls school and LOVED it. 

This school, however, is quite a bit different than mine.  First, it is a boarding school.  Second, the girls are all geniuses training to become spies.  What is not to love about this concept?

The school is located in a small town, but the residents do not know what really goes on at the school.  They all think the girls are nothing but a bunch of spoiled rich kids.  One day, while out on an "assignment" Cammie meets an "ordinary boy".  She is interested in him, but she is more concerned that her cover was blown.  She and her friends take it upon themselves to investigate whether or not he is truly a threat.  In the process, Cammie and Josh start dating and actually develop feelings for one another.  The problem is...Josh doesn't REALLY know Cammie.  She had to feed him a bunch of lies because he can't know that she attends the Gallagher Academy or what really goes on there. 

I found this book to be unique because it is told from Cammie's point of view as sort of a report.  She is explaining everything to the reader as if she is the "Operative" (spy) completing a mission.  Her mission is to investigate the "Subject" (Josh).  There are a lot of funny comments and some great supporting characters.  It seemed like it was geared to a slightly younger audience than your typical young adult book, but I still enjoyed it.  I will definitely read more of this series, but first....I have to find out what Hale and Kat are up to in the latest Heist Society book, Perfect Scoundrels.

I follow Ally Carter on twitter.  She recently announced that she turned in book 6, the final book in the Gallagher Girls series, to her editor.  If you are someone like me who doesn't enjoy waiting a year between books, this would probably be a good time to start reading this series.  While the final book doesn't have an official title or release date yet, it should be within the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment